On Wednesday October 23rd, the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU) organized in partnership with the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade (ICEX) a match making event. During one day, hand-picked disrupting Spanish Fintech companies had the opportunity not only to meet the Swiss Fintech ecosystem but as well to present their business solutions and identify possible synergies through networking.
If traditional Swiss banks have already started to feel the potential of the local innovative start-ups, Spanish banks seems to embrace these young go-getters. When most of them display great customer traction on their local territories, the South American market seems to be the next milestone…if not already conquered by some of them.
Crypto Infos is a Blockchain, Digital Assets and Fintech News Media Agency based in Switzerland.
Trade mission to ‘Suiza’
It is with a bleak weather and under a cloudy-greyish sky on the Sihlpostgasse sidewalk of Zurich that Spanish Fintech start ups founders and reps are entering in the KV Business school building on this Wednesday morning.
Nevermind : the austere environnement with black colored outside walls cannot remove the positive energy, dynamism and warm smiles Spaniards brought along from cities and provinces such as València, Logroño, Pontevedra… and of course the capital, Madrid.
Before throwing everyone in the cold water, the Head of the Competence Centre for Investments from HSLU, Dr. Ankenbrand highlights the key insights of the IFZ FinTech Study 2019, an initiative from the school launched few years ago once the school was nestled in Zug – Crypto Valley.
The report co-author takes this opportunity to rightly pinpoints the growth and maturity of the Swiss fintech sector and its increasing importance at a global scale. He additionally underlines what many people may not be aware of: Swiss Fintech companies with technology interest are not only focusing their researches and activities in the Confederation but have as a well an international mindset.
For more information on the yearly 200 pages report, the link of HSLU blog is available here.
Pitch the crowd: ‘5 minutos cronometrados’
From Artificial Intelligence, to crypto-compliance, through Banking API, non-bank financing platforms, blockchain based digital payment and clearing solution but as well digital tax advisor and neobanks, the speakers kept on underlying major problems enterprises, corporates (and feelancers !) are facing on a regular basis in Spain.
Tax consultancy, falsifying documentation, SMEs lack of liquidity, clients scoring and many other areas were core topics dealt by the Spanish Fintech starts up.
It is worth mentioning here that to this day, Spain has more than 350 Fintech start-ups among which +200 are insurtech companies. In this regards, one of the major upcoming challenge for this sector in this country is the size, highly depending on investment since the vast majority of startups are still very small.
In the upcoming weeks Crypto Infos will bring to your screen much more details on some of the featured companies mentioned below with their respectives description:
- Afterbanks offers banking aggregation, ownership identification and payment initiation
- ChangetheBlock – a company specialised in the development of blockchain platforms
- Declarando has created an accountancy software with an integrated digital tax advisor
- Finweg is a blockchain based digital payment and clearing solution
- Gradiant has developed an AI based forensic tool for forgery detection in digital documents
- LeanXcale makes an ultra-scalable transactional database which can scale out linearly
- Newralers create AI to solve knowledge based problems, recommend and predict
- Pangeanic – an AI driven natural language processing company
- TechRules is a specialised software solutions boutique offering wealth management solutions
- Teldowers is a neobank offering full banking capabilities with a social touch
- Wenalyze is a dynamic data analytics platform with a Next Best Action suggestion system
For more information on one of the above companies or on HSLU, drop us a line at: email@example.com
Pictures Credit: HSLU, España Exportación e Inversiones