Technical Grants Evaluator
- Post Date:15 December 2020
- Apply Before: 28 February 2021
- Views 19
The Web3 Foundation nurtures and stewards technologies and applications for the decentralized web. We collaborate with cutting-edge developer teams, researchers and community leaders to strengthen and extend the uses of decentralized technologies; building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets, commerce, and more.
Our core project at the moment is Polkadot, a protocol designed to connect blockchains and allow them to interoperate, share security and more. In addition, we are supporting the development of a number of technologies that form the Web 3.0 tech stack – such as decentralized messaging, distributed storage and secret management.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic decentralized technologies developer to help our grants team in evaluating software developed by grantees as well as the technical merit of applications for grant funding. The Web3 Foundation is committed to distributing a significant amount of funding for the development of open-source software that will contribute to the creation of the Web3 technologies stack. Once we have selected the projects to fund, we ensure they make progress on their milestones so that their software is developed according to their roadmap and can be used by the wider community.
We are a lean team with a flat organization. This position is based in Zug, Switzerland but we would consider remote (EU) working for outstanding candidates.
- Make decisions on grant giving together with the Grants Committee
- Evaluate grant milestone delivery, including reviewing documentation, compiling their projects, and functional testing of these projects
- Liaise with the applying teams, in order to answer their questions and better understand their deliverables
- Liaise with relevant teams (e.g., legal, finance, collaborations, community building) at agreed points of the application process
- Contribute to the overall management and improvement of the grants program
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain technologies and applications
- Technical ability to evaluate software implementation: setting up environments; compiling complex projects and their dependencies; reviewing and analyzing code
- Technical ability to test software: reading, writing and evaluating test plans; running and evaluating automated test suites; reviewing and testing functionality
- Ability to work in a variety of development environments and languages
- Approachable personality and clear communication style in English
- Experience with systematic evaluation of technology projects
- Experience with Substrate
- Experience and proficiency in Docker
- Experience with Linux, and other Unix-based OSes
- The ability to evaluate the technical abilities of individuals and teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with many external parties
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Regular company retreats at unique locations located around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting, marketing & advertising, etc.)
To apply to this position, we invite you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us. We look forward to hearing from you!