Technical Evaluator - Grants
- Post Date:12 May 2020
- Apply Before: 7 November 2020
- Views 322
The Web3 Foundation nurtures and stewards technologies and applications for the decentralized web. We collaborate with cutting-edge developer teams, researchers and community leaders to strengthen and extend the uses of decentralized technologies; building the future of identity, privacy, financial markets, commerce, and more.
Our core project at the moment is Polkadot, a protocol designed to connect blockchains and allow them to interoperate, share security and more. In addition, we are supporting the development of a number of technologies that form the Web 3.0 tech stack – such as decentralized messaging, distributed storage and secret management.
The Web3 Foundation is committed to distributing a significant amount of funding for the development of open-source software that will contribute to the creation of the Web3 technologies stack. Once we have selected the projects to fund, it is important that we ensure they make progress on their milestones so that their software is developed according to their roadmap and can be used by the wider community.
Do you feel passionate about supporting high-performance, multinational teams? Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with new problems to solve every day? Do you want to be part of a young and growing technology organization with a strong vision?
Then come join the Web3 Foundation team in Zug as a
Technical Evaluator- Grants
We are a lean team with a very flat organization. This position is based in Zug, Switzerland, but for exceptional candidates, we may consider remote work in Europe.
- Evaluate grant milestone delivery, including reviewing documentation, compiling their projects, and functional testing of these projects
- Liaise with the applying teams, in order to answer their questions, better understand their deliverables, and suggest improvements to their contribution to the Web 3.0 ecosystem
- Liaise with relevant teams (e.g., legal, finance, collaborations, community building) at mutual crossroads of the application process
- Improve the process of evaluating grant milestone deliverables
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain technologies and applications
- Technical ability to evaluate software implementation: setting up environments; compiling complex projects and their dependencies; reviewing and analyzing code
- Technical ability to test software: reading, writing and evaluating test plans; running and evaluating automated test suites; reviewing and testing functionality
- Ability to work in a variety of development environments and languages
- Approachable personality and clear communication style
- Experience with systematic evaluation of technology projects
- Experience and proficiency in Docker
- Experience with Linux, and other Unix-based OSes
- Work experience as a developer or a QA professional
- The ability to evaluate the technical abilities of individuals and teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with many external parties
To apply to this position, we ask you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.
For more information about us, visit us on the:
- Web3 Foundation website: https://web3.foundation/
- Polkadot website: https://polkadot.network/
- Github: https://github.com/w3f/