- Post Date:21 April 2020
- Apply Before: 3 October 2020
- Views 305
Brooklyn, San Francisco, Remote
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the role:
- Architect and build software that helps IPFS users to address their different use cases and enable new ones.
- Collaborate with a team of senior engineers to build the infrastructure powerhouse of the decentralized world.
- Support and promote the IPFS ecosystem, with a front row seat to major events in this exciting and rapidly growing ecosystem.
- Languages: Go / Golang
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Ability to architect software using the services provided by a cloud provider
- Ability to incorporate the requirements of both the frontend and infrastructure domains into software design
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with RDMSes such as MySQL
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic internet applications
- A constant desire to improve, learn more, and take things higher
- Strong communication and documentation skills as well as proven ability to work within a team
- At least four years’ backend engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- IPFS / P2P experience a strong plus
- DevOps experience
- Experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Experience in small start-up environments
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 4 years old. IPFS itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.