Haskell Software Engineer
- Post Date:19 April 2020
- Views 404
Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency. We are committed advocates of Open Source development and are active participants in the Web3 community. We have close ties to Ethereum Foundation and the Company is a founding member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.
We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire a Haskell Software Engineer to help drive the next stage of the company’s growth.
In this role, you will own the vision, roadmap, and build-out for the company’s documentation systems: a cutting-edge, Unix-based platform built on Pandoc technology.
As part of the Platform team, you will work closely with engineers and document authors across the company to specify, design, implement, and maintain the company’s document automation platform.
This role is based in our Clearmatics London office.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Developing robust programs for parsing, converting, generating, and publishing documentation
- Integrating document tooling with web services, relational databases, and semantic knowledge bases
- Developing tools, plugins, or extensions for document publishing and collaborative authoring
- Building and maintaining automated pipelines for the production of web sites and documents
- Designing consistent and professional sites, Pandoc templates, LaTeX styles, and CSS stylesheets
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages (e.g. Haskell, Rust, Clojure, Elixir, Python, GoLang or C++ ). Haskell is our preference.
- An understanding of common data structures and computer algorithms
- Proficient with Unix command line tools and automating flows with Bash shell scripts
- Good knowledge of Pandoc, Markdown, LaTeX, and technical document authoring toolchains
- Proficient with Git and leveraging version control for document management and change tracking
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Automated processing of Markdown documents with custom Pandoc filters
- Using source code and API documentation generators (e.g. Doxygen, RAML tools)
- Familiarity with Semantic Web technologies and tools: W3C SKOS, OWL, RDF
- Designing or customising Pandoc templates, LaTex styles, and CSS stylesheets
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems, Docker containers, and software packaging
- Fluency in SQL and experience with relational (PostgreSQL, SQLite) and NoSQL databases
- Creating diagrams and graphics with TikZ and PGF, Graphviz DOT, MetaPost or Asymptote
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you’d like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development – annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- “Show and Tell” sessions – knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/c30a7c262